Coldingham Loch Fly Fishers Terms of Membership
- Full Member i.e.(Boat or Bank)
- Bank Only Member
- Junior Member (Boat accompanied by an adult or Bank)
- Industry Concessionary Member (Boat or Bank, for those who work full-time in the fly fishing industry)
*All members and guests are required to familiarise themselves with the fishery rules which are available on the web site and are also posted in the fishing hut. Members are encouraged to report anything which they deem as contravening these rules.
- Membership is based on an upper limit of anglers. In the first year this will be approx. 100. This will be reviewed after the first year of operation to decide whether this should be revised up or down.
- Membership for the first year is on a first come first served basis. A waiting list will be established for prospective new members who may be invited to join at intervals during the year if spaces became available and a sliding scale of fees will apply.
- 9 months fishing season – from mid-March to end of November.
- Each week members will have the choice of 6 days in which to fish, with the 7th day (not the same day each week) being used as a priority day for visiting clubs. However, if visiting clubs do not take all available spaces, members will be allowed to also fish on this 7th day but must phone, text or email to check for availability as these days will be shown as blanked off on the online booking system. Management reserve the right to declare a mid-week rest day in any week during the season.
- Opening times will remain the same:
- 8.30 am – 5pm
- 8.30 am – 10pm at the latest from 1st May – 30th September
- Maximum of three visits per week. More visits can be made if spaces are available – these could be booked after 6pm the night before.
- Full Members should be prepared to fish the bank (if able) in the event that a boat is not available.
- If a member is staying at Coldingham Loch as a holiday guest, fishing needs to be booked in advance at the time of cottage booking and would not be limited to 3 times/week during the week of their stay.
- Online booking system – bank bookings can be made using the online booking system. For boat bookings these are not available online and need to be made by phone or text.
- Members may book their sessions up to two weeks in advance
- Members can bring a single guest on each visit but may only bring the same guest for a maximum of 4 times in any one season.
- Should a member wish to bring more than one guest on a visit (up to a maximum of 3) this is possible however, bookings can only be made after 6pm the day before.
- Children aged 10 and under can fish with an adult member free of charge.
- Any guest fees are payable in advance via bank transfer or may be paid on the day in cash.
- Access to the loch is via a security gate and all members are privy to access codes.
- The fishing hut is for the use of members, clubs and holiday guests with complimentary tea, coffee and milk provided by us. (We expect members to keep it tidy but the cleaning and maintenance will remain our responsibility. Same rules for the toilet.) There is a key pad entry in to the fishing hut.
- No more than 3 fish per week can be taken by any one member and there is an annual upper limit of 30 fish per member. There is no limit on catch and release (common sense approach & fishing etiquette applying).
- All catches must be recorded in the returns book. Due to Covid restrictions in 2021 members are asked to inform us of all catches either at the loch or by phone or email.
- All fishing must be with barbless or de-barbed hooks only.
- Members supply their own motors and batteries although a small stock is kept on site for emergencies and for use by holiday guests. In future it is our intention to create a secure space where members could leave their motors on site if they wish to, but take batteries home for re-charging.
- All members are expected to use their own life jackets. We have an emergency stock here for use by members and their guests.
- Nets are provided by us, but members may also use their own as long as they adhere to the dipping rules.
- A maximum of 3 boats per day are reserved for holiday guests but if not required will be made available to members and their guests. Total number of boats is 10. (Lochside Cottage retains its own boat)
- Reserve the right to invite guests (same fees apply).
- Amend terms of membership and fishery rules as and when they see fit.
- Withdraw / not renew membership for anyone not adhering to the rules.
|Bank Only Membership||£425|
|Industry Concession Membership||£250|